It is my desire to have as complete a genealogical website as possible, but with the world being
the way it is, a measure of caution is also appropriate. It is a bit of a challenge to balance the
right to privacy with a genealogical database that has some usefulness. With that in mind, here is
- No birth data (place or date) are listed for persons (presumed living) born less than 100
years ago. Since I don't always have death dates for many entries, this is more consistent
than trying to flag living persons.
- I never post any of the following:
E-mail Address · Address · Telephone Number · Social Security
- I don't send out my Gedcom file.
- Any Gedcom files I receive are treated as confidential and never forwarded to any other
person. Any information I post from a Gedcom file complies with items 1 & 2 above.
- As it is possible to find a person's mother's maiden name, it would be the
course of wisdom to use some other word for a credit card or bank account
password. Mother's maiden names can be obtained from public records, so posting them on this
site would not constitute any added invasion of privacy.
However, the search feature does report to me what has been searched for, but nothing
about who did the search.
- I receive inquiries at times about contacting living persons. I will forward those requests on
to the person in question or to a close contact person, but will not give out the e-mail address
to the person inquiring without permission.
- Marchant-Thomas.com is family friendly and does not contain any "adult" material.
Nor do we use any pop-ups, pop-unders, cookies, banners, adware, spyware, or similar.
- Learn more about Identity Theft and